Monday 6 February 2012

Bottles n' Clocks- A Watercolour Post

CLICK IMAGE
Greetings viewers/fellow art enthusiasts. Today I share with you a piece I've been working on for a while. I really took my time with this one. As many of you may know, working with watercolour is a slow process. If rushed, you may find yourself with a muddy, sloppy looking piece of art. It just is necessary to let the layers of washes dry before moving forward with the painting process.
This piece is far from finished but I thought I'd post a photo of its current state. The thing with watercolour is that the paint looks so much lighter when it dries. I am aiming for a  richer tone so, I have a couple more layers to go!
Here is a photo of the alarm clock and wine bottle. If there's anything you'd like to see me paint, comment below this post.
Love always,
Wai Li.

2 comments:

  1. :D Love the detail on the clock and yes, a deeper emerald hue with the bottle will totally enrich the painting... Great job, Wai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to show us the finish painting. Ilove it at this stage cant wait to see you add the darks.

    ReplyDelete